The cooperative Shannara has an agreement with the University for studies of Naples "Suor Orsola Benincasa" for training and internship for students in degree programs in:
• Educational Sciences
• Social Service
The cooperative operates two community accommodation for children from 13 to 18 years (with continuation up to 21 years): "Utopia Ilaria" for boys and "Utopia Luana" for girls. The facilities are unaccompanied minors (MSNA) and are active in anti-trafficking circuit through introduction programmes and social protection. All children are welcomed following managerial Decree (pursuant to article 403 C.C.) and/or decree of the juvenile court and have their own social worker.
The internship allows the observation and understanding of organizational mode of a socio-educational structure and reception for adolescents through a network work with institutional bodies responsible for protecting (Court, social services).
The Coordinator is the daily reference for what is happening in the community and sharing of tasks; the psychologist will take care of individual supervisory meetings for better understanding and elaboration of the experience. For students of Psychology internship is a chance to watch "in vivo" development of bond of attachment, psychological and relational consequences of abuse and neglect.
Specifically, the intern will be involved in:
- Understand the Service Charter, with deepening of aims and objectives, together with the organisational and functional structure of the facility,
- Observe and understand the tools used for the full implementation of the provisions of the methodology of the structure
- Observe the following relationships: teacher-less (and as every educator has its own style in relating to AU/a); in the Group of educators; the child in the group with other guests.
- Supporting the teacher in their role
- Depending on the Group of hosts and the propensity of the trainee, assignment of a task to be carried out during the traineeship and to be chosen among the following: strengthening of the Italian language with educational deficiencies, support the recovery of MSNA of minors, proposal for workshop activities in free time (according to the personal ability of the trainee)
The Guide to College Internships "Suor Orsola Benincasa" is available at the following link:
The DataBase of affiliated organizations is available at the following link: